By Victoria Emma Pagán
- Tacitus is likely one of the most vital Roman historians of his time, in addition to a superb literary stylist, whose paintings is characterised by means of his philosophy of human nature
- Encourages interdisciplinary dialogue meant to interact students past Classics together with philosophy, cultural reports, political technology, and literature
- Showcases new theoretical methods that improve our realizing of this complicated author
- Clarifies and explains the notoriously tough language of Tacitus
- Written and designed to organize a brand new new release of students to check for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
- Includes contributions from a large diversity of proven overseas students and emerging stars within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar historical studies books
How has the USA, with its many ethnic, classification, and ideological divisions, allowed divergent teams to "hang jointly" as american citizens? during this e-book, a wonderful historian explores the ways that americans have conceived of a countrywide identification and demonstrates that an appreciation of America's kaleidoscopic variety might be reconciled with an confirmation of its universal nationwide tradition.
An exam of fifteenth-century British queens via literature and history.
How can we technique stricken histories? should still historians try to recuperate the earlier and inform it as they imagined it fairly used to be? Or should still they be extra inventive and write histories higher suited for the wishes of the current? those vexed questions tell ancient writing on 20th century eire.
This conscientiously researched background attracts on archival assets in addition to a wealth of recent interviews with on-the-ground activists, political actors, overseas figures, and others to maneuver past the narratives either the German and American kinds that experience ruled the old reminiscence of German reunification.
- The Legend of Dion
- The Origins of Modern Historiography in India: Antiquarianism and Philology, 1780-1880 (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- Mamluks in the Modern Egyptian Mind: Changing the Memory of the Mamluks, 1919-1952
- Measuring Time, Making History (The Natalie Zemon Davis Annual Lecture Series)
Extra info for A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Victoria Emma Pagán